Jul 13, 2016

WIP Wednesday: Summer knitting 2016


































It's been a while since my last post, I know... But it's summer and I'm rather sitting outside somewhere in the shadow and knit and relax instead of sitting in front of the computer.

So, let me show you what I've been up to these days! :)

For launching my Emotions Collection in May, I treated myself with these three cuties here :)
It's 3 skeins of lovely and soft Malabrigo Sock: two of them are persia (the darker ones) and the other one is caribeno (the one in the front).

Soon I had made my mind up for a summer sweater made from the two persia skeins. As the perfect pattern for this I found Route 1 by Norah Gaughan.

I thought I just make it a light version (the pattern calls for aran weight yarn) since it brings everything a summer project can wish for: cables (to keep it interesting) AND lace (to make the sweater airy and light), a v-neck (I like v-necks, there are not a lot of patterns featuring v-necks imo) and an intersting construction (in form of a neckband, which may be replaced by i-cord bo, I've not yet decided on that).


So, the pattern was quickly printed and the two skeins were caked and I am ready and excited to start knitting my summer sweater while enjoying the warm and sunny weather :)
I am following the instructions for size M to get size S out of it because of my gauge using sock yarn and 4mm needles.












And this is how far I've come so far. The front is finished. I looooove the color!! It goes so well with the pattern! This is going to be amazing! Although I am crossing my fingers that the two skeins of yarn will be enough for this project, but I'm still positive on this! I've got 800m and I intend to knit the sleeves top down, so I can stop when I only got half of the rest of the yarn left. Sounds like a plan to me! ;)




But for now I put the sweater aside because another summer project caught my eye...




My second summer project is Maeve by Carrie Bostick Hoge.
This is a very lovely shrug that's just perfect for the evenings or on a rather cloudy or rainy day (that we always have during summer).

And this one I am going to make in a light version as well (pattern calls for worsted weight yarn).
I am using double held Drops Lace yarn throughout the project.
The body is made with two strands of light camel and the cuffs as well as the collar will have one strand light camel and one strand powder pink.






Since it's simple stockinette, I decided to knit the body on my Duo 80 and add cuffs and collar by hand.
So, I converted the finished measurements for size M into my km-gauge and a good hour later the body was ready for blocking! :)

After blocking, I seamed the sleeves and now I am adding cuffs and collar in garter stitch using a 3,5mm needle and one strand camel and one strand powder pink lace yarn.









Knitting outside in my favorite place: on the terrace - there's nothing more relaxing than that!
Well, listening to a good audio book while doing so adds even a little more vacation feeling to it ;)














And that's where I'm at now: Cuffs are done and I've knitted about 6cm of collar so far. First increase round is close!

It's so so pretty, I could look at it all day!
And the yarn is soo soft!! I love the luxurious blend of alpaca and silk, it's just heavenly! :)






I hope you like my quick update and my interpretations of the patterns. :)
And I hope you can squeeze in a little bit of summer knitting this year, too. What are you making?

Have a sunny and happy week everyone!

Love,
Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment