Oct 24, 2016

New Design: Sky Shawl


































I am proud to announce that I have released my new design: Sky Shawl!

The Sky Shawl design actually started as a birthday gift for a friend in February this year.

I designed a shawl for DK or worsted weight yarn that drapes just beautifully but has a light feeling to it. In addition, I wanted to create a shawl that is simple and classic, so it can be worn with very different kinds of outfits: casual as well as chic.


Sky lives through its timeless look, created with garter stitch knitted on big needles for a lovely drape and a warm cozy fabric.
Just the right amount of stripes, delicate eyelet lace and a small picot edging make Sky a very feminine design.














Using a worsted weight yarn ensures to have a nice snuggly and warm accessory for the slowly arriving winter on the northern hemisphere.

But Sky can also be knitted with fingering weight yarn, as some test knitters already showed. The shawl will then be a little bit smaller. And if you'd like to use fingering yarn, please use some bigger needles (4mm/US 6 or 4,5mm/US 7) for your project as well to get the same delightful drape.






And did I mention that Sky also is the perfect relax-and-knit-in-front-of-the-tv project? It really is! And who doesn't love a project that allows you to relax your mind when knitting but still is a pleasure to knit... I know I do!

I hope you'll love Sky and have a wonderful and relaxing time knitting your own! 

Love,
Stefanie

You can find the pattern for Sky on Ravelry. Make sure to have a look at all the beautiful projects too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment