Sep 30, 2015

WIP-Wednesday: Aidez Cardigan


I love cables! I love how they look and I love knitting them. So, I've had the Aidez cardigan on my radar for a while now.



Since this so lovely cardigan is a free pattern (which you can find here), a lot of people in the knitting community are knitting it at some point. I find it amazing how popular this pattern is!
On Ravelry there are now 4060 projects in the 5 years that this design is available. That's over 800 Aidez cardigans a year! :)

And they are made in many different versions. As an open cardigan (as designed), with belt, with added buttons or a zipper, knitted in pieces and then seamed, knitted seamlessly in one piece, with different collars or with a hood or added pockets, using differnt kinds of yarn, and so on... it's just fun to browse through all these FO's :)

So, I wanted to knit one for myself as well. But I was looking for the right yarn but liked the color that is used for the sample in the pattern. Although, while looking through all the projects on Rav, I also liked all the red-ish ones and grey ones.

A while ago I frogged another project or experiment that I was making. (I wrote about it on the blog here) This project fell into my hands again and tadaa! There was my yarn! So, I unraveled the whole thing and re-used this yarn.



Garnstudio Drops Karisma is a 100% wool, superwash treated DK weight yarn. The color is 54 beige brown. Perfect for this project!!







I also have some darker wooden buttons that are matching just perfectly. So, I am going to change the collar a little bit in order to add some buttonholes for those cuties ;)









For now, the back is ready and blocked. I am knitting this cardigan in pieces and seam it afterwards, as intended by the designer. I think this will give a good fit. We'll see! :)
















Look at those pretty cables <3















I am already excited how this will turn out and happy that I made the decision to re-use this yarn for this project!

I'm about to have several projects on my needles for the next weeks, some birthdays are coming up and I am also knitting samples for new designs. So, I hope this cardigan won't take until snow is falling. ;) 

Have a great week everyone!
Love,
Stefanie

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    FadoExpress là một trong những top công ty vận chuyển hàng hóa quốc tế hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi đài loan và dịch vụ gửi hàng đi canada uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete