Dec 8, 2016

Soulmate For Winter...







































Choosing different colors really gives Soulmate crescent shawl from my Emotions Collection a new face. I surprised myself with this one!

I am happy to finally show you this gorgeous version of Soulmate shawl!
My friend immediately fell in love with this shawl in May when I released the collection. And so I thought later on it would be a nice gift for her 30th birthday in November.
Although the shawl is designed to be a light summer shawl, I managed to create a wonderful winter version.

I combined lovely Drops Baby Merino yarn in dark gray and 100% merino Malabrigo Sock in playa to knit the winter version of Soulmate shawl. If you want to do the same, you could also opt for an alpaca blend yarn for a more rustic and winter themed look regarding materials or even a light DK yarn for some extra thickness. But I wanted to still have all the merino goodness in this one! Soft, light and beautiful stitch definition.


To create a little tighter fabric (since it's for winter), I chose to work with 3mm/ US 2-3 needles.
This also means, the shawl gets a little bit smaller. It came out 170 x 45cm/ 68 x 18 inches (as in pattern, knitted with 4mm/US 6 needles it would be about
230 x 55cm/ 92 x 22 inches).








I so love this color combo! It's gives a very metropolitan feel to this shawl. And because of its size and crescent shape, there are endless ways to wear and style it!

The feel of the thin, yet tight fabric is just amazing in my opion! Especially in comination with the incredible softness of merino and the lovely eyelet pattern sections.

But for another winter themed version I could definately imagine using light DK weight and an alpaca or wool blend. This would add another dimension to it.







If you want to see more pictures and get all the infos around it (how much yarn aso.), you can also find this project on Ravelry.




I wish you all a wonderful pre-Christmas advent weekend!
Enjoy lighting some candles! :)


Love,
Stefanie

PS. Don't forget, on advent sundays you'll get 20% off on all my shawl patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment