Feb 28, 2019

Thoughts and News for 2019

I've been waiting to write this post, my first post for this year, for quite some time now.
February is almost gone, and I have big plans for this year, for this blog and for my business.

Village of VĂ¥nga, just about 3 weeks ago
























We have had a very nice winter this year. But now the snow has melted, the wind slowly becomes  warmer and the temperatures rise again. With this comes some inner urge and uprising energy for new things, to really get going and make things happen! Don't you feel that way too when spring peeks around the corner?
That's exactly the mood I've been in for the last week or so.

Today I want to share with you my plans and thoughts for the upcoming year. I had a lot of time to think during my maternity leave where I want to go with my business and my design work.

The first big thing is that I want to fill this blog with new life again. It has been neglected for a long time, which I hate and also never intended to do. But with the new (my first) baby (what a change after being a couple for 15 years), new routines, well, a new life (sounds silly but that's exactly what it is, a new never known life that needs a lot of adjustment and compromise, I also eat more chocolate now :) ) I simply had to prioritize. Very much. I guess all of you with a family know exactly what I'm talking about.
However, I want to change this blog's face and tone. I've also grown up, I've left 30 behind me now and I want this blog and my business to reflect that.

To be a bit more specific, I'm planning to write posts about things like
- how I work, what my process looks like (in designing my patterns as well as machine knit items for my Etsy Store)
- share news about new designs, upcoming and ongoing testknits, new and upcoming patterns, generel updates, new Etsy listings, promotions I'm running, aso)
- my plans and my struggles
- my thoughts, what moves me, what motivates me, what sucks my energy
- share big and small successes or failures with you

Simply put, I want to use the opportunity that this blog gives me to enable you to get to know me as you are the biggest and most important part of my work. I would like to let you be part of my journey.
So you can get to know me, Stefanie, the person behind The Drizzle of Honey Knitwear.

I strive to be real with you along the way because I would like to be closer to you too. After all I create my designs for you, my work revolves around you, lovely knitters and shoppers.


Let me know what you think about my plans in the commentaries.

Love,
Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment