Dec 6, 2021

News December 2021

 Hi everyone!

I hope you're having a great week!

Today I want to share a news update with you.

New pattern release - ARUNA shawl


I am very happy to announce that my new design ARUNA is now available in my Ravelry Store.

ARUNA is a crescent shaped shawl that starts with a garter tab cast on and grows by two stitches on every row. After the deliciously textured body is worked a wide dramatic border is added which is worked from three charts. The design is completed by a spaced petit picot bind off.

Arunas generous size allows you to wrap yourself up perfectly.
Enjoy the voluminous texture and delicate drape while feeling warmth hugging you and embrace the gracefulness of a crescent shawl combined with feminine stylish design.

Use your favorite DK or worsted weight yarn in a solid or variegated tone and feel the flow when starting your project.
Work from big charts and step up your bobble-knitting-game with this design!

Hop over and have a look at the pattern right now! 


I've so longed for this day to come. This design comes from the bottom of my heart. I hope you'll love Aruna as much as I do and give it a warm welcome.♥

New design EMBER hat - testknit


I've also been working on my next design, EMBER hat. I had a great time designing this one. It's always fun and challenging to work with cable designs. And I must say, I'm very satisfied with my sample knit. 

The design has a lot of 2-stitch cables (which luckily can of course be worked without using a cable needle), two wider cables and of course some bobbles! I don't seem to get enough of those lately...
The hat also features loads of texture which makes it so fun to knit and irresistible to look at.

Right now I am hosting the test knit for this design in my Ravelry group. And I'm still looking for some wonderful testers who'd like to knit this very cozy hat design combining beautiful texture and rich cables.

Here's some background info for you, in case you're interested.

Deadline is December 16, 2021.
The pattern comes in three sizes:

Child (Adult small, Adult large) - to fit 50(56, 60)cm / 20(22, 24)inches head circumference. 

The Pattern can be worked to make a beanie 20(22,22)cm / 8(9, 9) inches total length or slouch 24(26,26)cm / 9.5(10.5; 10.5) inches total length.

Using only between 180-220m/197-240yards of sport weight yarn it’s perfect to use your stash. It's a quick project as well, maybe you’re looking for a last minute Christmas gift to make or are in need of a new hat for this season, please have a look at the full test request.

Like I said, the test is hosted in my Ravelry group The Drizzle of Honey Knitwear.
If you like I'll see you there and we can have a good test knitting time!

Change in eStore

As you all know, besides offering handknit patterns for purchase on Ravelry, I'm offering ready to wear knitwear on Etsy as well. 

But I am about to close that store down because it never really worked for me. Also I never got warm around their shop manager, it's just not for me somehow.

But of course there are a lot of alternatives out there to be explored and that's what I'm currently doing on the side. I'm looking for something where I can offer both: handknit patterns and my knitwear. Having another place besides Ravelry to sell my patterns is appealing for me too. Although you don't have to have a Ravelry account in order to buy patterns, I'm not sure everyone knows about that. 

Another reason is I would like to have "my own store" as well. That's also why I don't want to use a platform like Etsy anymore.

Recently I have been looking into payhip. And I wanted to ask, do you have experiences with payhip? Good or bad, or any other services like that? Any recommendations or suggestions?

Don't worry, my Ravelry store stays open, there is no better place for knitting in the world! 

 

That's what wanted to share with you today. 

I hope you're having a little winter wherever you are (if you are on the northern hemisphere). We've had a little bit of snow so far. And it's gotten cold, -10 degrees C more or less. But I always prefer the cold to the wet rainy weather. 

And I always love when the first snow falls. Everything gets a little brighter and the air smells so fresh and clear... That gives me a sense of calm and quiet which I try and keep in my heart and mind as long as possible.

Thanks for reading!

Have a wonderful time!

Love,

Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment