Nov 4, 2021

News November 2021

 Hi everyone!

 It's time for a new update! :) 

Aruna test knit

There has been a lot going on this month. Of course, there's been A LOT of smaple knitting. Every free second I got from our wonderful little boys went into it. So I got the pattern ready and the testknit for Aruna running, which is now at full speed! 

I'm very grateful to have found some testers that take the time to test my pattern. That is truly amazing. They are the first ones to work from it and even the first ones to link their finished project and may be featured on the pattern page once it's released. That just fills me with joy!
It's always an exciting and also nervous experience for me. I appreciate all the feedback I get from tests. Testers are in the front seat to making a pattern better with everything they have on their mind about it. May it be words of appreciation, comments or suggestions for improvement. I love to work it out. Together with the testers, ask them for their opinions and impressions. To create the best pattern for you all, so you can enjoy the process of knitting just as much as your finished project.
Test knitting is a very vital part of creating a design and shaping it into a pattern.

As for the pattern, I have put some thought into changing the layout a bit too. I hope you'll like it. I thought this would be a good time to change things up a bit and hopefully make it even easier for you to work with my patterns. Because (to me) knitting always is about having fun and relaxing while doing it. So I always try to make everything easy to understand and to provide good structure in the pattern so you can quickly find what you're looking for.

How to video

There's another first time with this design and pattern: For the first time I'm providing a short video that you can go to to see how to make a specific and maybe a little challenging stitch if you're making it for the first time.
It's for one of the bobble stitches in the design, the popcorn stitch. I don't want to get into too much detail at this point. If you're following me on Instagram you've probably seen it already.
Otherwise, you can find it HERE. And don't forget to hit follow if you haven't yet! ❤️

Mousey hats 

In between there needs to be a little time for some fun-knitting here and there. This time I made two mouse hats for our twins. 

I already made a fox hat two years ago which still is very popular. The hats are all perfect for toddlers, using short rows to shape ears. This provides the poper fit for little heads and ears.
As for the mouse hats, I like how the small faces turned out. I'm very happy to have found those different buttons for the noses. All the buttons are from second hand.
To shape the mouths in a different color I used intarsia technique. The ears are worked seperately after finishing the actual hat (using duplicate stitch for blue) and were then sewn onto the hat. I recommend using markers before starting to sew so they will be straight.
I'm very happy with the hats, with all three actually. I always loved the fox one too. Now they are our three little wild ones whenever we go somewhere...

You can find my Ravelry project page here.

Looking forward to this month - New design(s), pattern release

It is getting noticeably colder around here now and my head just keeps thinking hats, hats, hats!
So I have a few new ideas for hat designs I'm currently working on. But I'm also yearning to make a pattern for fingerless mits.
Let's see were my musings will take me...

And of course Aruna will be published this month. I am so very very looking forward to this!
It has been such a long process it feels like. But I am proud and I am so happy to have been working on my first design again. And I hope you will give this design a warm welcome and that it will earn your love.


Thank you for stopping by and reading.

I hope you enjoyed the update and will be around with me on my knit-live-journey.

All my love,

Stefanie

As always, if you want to be the first to know about anything that's new and exciting, follow me on Instagram.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment