Jun 25, 2023

New Pattern - HAVTORN shawl

 My new pattern HAVTORN shawl is released! You can find the pattern now on Ravelry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Havtorn is an elongated triangular shaped shawl that begins with a garter tab cast on and grows by six stitches every two rows. The shawl is built in two sections, each using either of the two colors used as its main color.
The pattern is carefully designed for you to always work comfortably with one strand at a time. Once the body is complete, a delicious textured border is added. The spaced petit picot bind off gives the shawl its finishing touch.

 

 

I had so much fun designing this shawl. I played a lot with different textures and stitch combinations as I just couldn't decide at first which ones to use. This involved what felt like endless swatching. But I have gained a lot of insight and found new stitch combos that I will be able to also use for upcoming designs as well. And that made a lot of fun! The design process for Havtorn was very inspiring. 

I had the idea for this design for quite some time although it also took its time to come to life. To create a vision in real life sometimes takes some experimenting and going back and forth, as I also did while sample knitting. And so, the pattern is now released a little later as I was hoping for. But I think it was definately worth the wait! I am so in love with this design! All that beautiful texture and the different elements that work together and complement each other are just amazing.

My favorite part is the textured border in combination with the petit picot bind off. It makes this shawl so elegant and feminine. 

I can't wait to see some more colorful versions of yours since my sample uses neutral colors. That too was an experiment of sorts. I usually work with colorful yarns. During testing I already had the pleasure of a lovely interpretation in red and beige which I find so beautiful. 

So don't miss out on the 20% release celebration discout and use code HAVTORN on Ravelry!


A little more details...

Yarn:
You'll need approx. 300m/ 329yds of color A and 450m/ 493yds of color B of DK weight yarn.

The sample is worked in Drops Soft Tweed (50% Wool, 25% Alpaca, 25% Rayon; 130 meters / 50 grams), colorways 3 sand (color A) and 8 pepparkorn/dark grey (color B).

Gauge:
18 sts / 27 rows = 10cm / 4 inches in stockinette pattern on 3,5mm/US 4 needles
Gauge is not critical. But it will influence size of shawl and amount of yarn needed.

Finished size:
Finished size is about 180cm/ 72 inches wingspan and 70cm / 28 inches deep.

Instructions:
The pattern includes charts and fully written instructions for all sections.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Let Havtorn fascinate you with its engaging textures and patterns throughout and start your vacation knit now! :) 

 

I hope you love my new design just as much as I do and I hope to see your project on Ravelry (feel free to share you FO in my group!) or on social media. Make sure to use #HavtornShawl and tag me on instagram @thedrizzleofhoney!

Love,
Stefanie


No comments:

Post a Comment