Jun 16, 2015

Stripes of Lace Summer Top

Temperatures are rising and midsommar-week is here! :)



Hi everyone! First of all, I am very sorry for not posting anything on the blog for so long. It was very chaotic and emotional here over the last few weeks.

So, I needed a little break. For myself and knitwise. That's why I decided to treat myself with a simple, quick and relaxing summer knit.



You probably know that Garnstudio Drops released a new yarn: Drops Belle. It consists of 53% cotton, 33% viscose and 14% linen and has a meterage of 120m per 50g.
So naturally I wanted to try it :)
I chose the super cute color cherry for this project. It is a very pretty and bright color. The yarn is very soft and light, the perfect yarn for summer garments! The viscose part also adds a little shine.

Those of you who follow me on facebook, too, knew that I was into summer tops some weeks ago.
I then found a nice pattern in last year's summer issue of Lana Grossa's Filati Magazine.
Stripes of Lace is a super light and very easy to knit summer top.

It took me only 4 skeins of yarn, which means only 200g. I used 6,5mm needles to create an airy and light feeling.






The construction of this boxy top is as simple as it can be. Basically, it's two rectangles in the lace pattern that are seamed at the shoulders, leaving the neckline open. And then the sides are seamed and the armholes are left open. To create sleeves, there are stiches picked up around the armholes. And that's it. Easy as pie. ;)




In the picture of the back to the left, you can see the pretty combination of rib and stockinette, and the added diagonal rows of yarn overs which create a nice lacey touch.

I think it's a really pretty and universal pattern.
I could also imagine an infinity scarf or shawl with a pattern like this or variations of it.

















I didn't want real sleeves with this top, so I simply added about 2 cm of ribbing around the armholes. This looks much better in my opinion.










Other than as a simple summer top, it would also be great to wear at the beach over a bikini or as a cover up when made a little bit longer. So, I think there's even some more potential in this ;)




As always, you can find all the infos in one place on Ravelry.







I hope you're enjoying the summer with family and friends!

Have a great week and happy midsommar on friday everyone! :)

Love,
Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment